Phorms Education is a future-oriented employer in the field of education. Since 2006, Phorms institutions are dedicated to offer high-end education and provide a space where children can prosper and grow to be global citizens. The Phorms network currently includes nine day-care centres, eight primary schools, six secondary schools, as well as the Heidelberg International School. We pride ourselves on the strong relationships between our children, staff, and parents and con-sistently strive to develop ourselves as well as our institutions.
- Support the Head of Primary in organising and managing pedagogical and administrative processes and tasks in everyday school life
- Assume the duties of the Head of Primary in case of absence
- Work in partnership with the Head of Primary in monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching in accordance with Berlin state standards
- Work in partnership with the Head of Primary to ensure compliance with school regulations
- Work in partnership with the Head of Primary in the guidance of all staff members
- Work in partnership and support staff in parent communication/parent meetings
- Work closely with the Head in relation to staff recruitment and retention
- Planning timetables, substitution and supervision
- Lead and participate in staff meetings, coordinators meetings, subject conferences, class conferences
- Some teaching responsibility (max. 8 lessons per week)
- Assist in the admission and placement of new students in line with school policies and procedures
- External representation of the Primary School (together with the Head of Primary)
- You have completed your 2nd state examination as a primary school teacher ("Staatsexamen") or have obtained a teaching qualification that is recognised in Berlin.
- You have strong communication skills, high standards of quality and you work in an organized and structured manner.
- You take excellent educational work forward and have experience in curricula development and quality assurance in the area of school development.
- You have good German and very good English language skills and you are particularly interested in bilingual education.
- Competitive salary and benefit scheme (travel card for public transport or Ticket Plus Card, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership, discounted lunch, company pension scheme)
- Relocation allowance and support in applying for residency, work permit and teaching approval
- Free half-yearly language courses (German)
- Innovative teaching resources and classrooms with state-of-the-art technical equipment as well as established learning concepts for face-to-face, hybrid and digital teaching
- A well-equipped workplace, including your own workstation (laptop) with MS Teams and Office 365
- Continuing professional development opportunities, both in Germany and abroad
- Small classes and a student and activity-oriented didactic concept based on bilingual teaching
- An open and warm working atmosphere as well as close cooperation in our international and dynamic team of teachers
- Employee discount for day-care or school places as well as additional child sick days paid in full by the employer
We seek an enthusiastic, open-minded teacher who enjoys working with children to join a high performing, dedicated faculty in an international setting. Please apply online at our website.
Decide now for an international, respectful and appreciative employer, who values freedom for educators with a creative drive.